THELIA Forum

Welcome to the THELIA support and discusssion forum

Hi,
I'm trying to add some additional fields to the cartitems stored in session but without having them also saved in the database; I found the Action/Cart.php function that consumes CartEvents  -addItem; i commented all save and set function but cartitems are still saved to db and session. Where is this happening ? and where is the session being saved ? Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

The customer cart is persistent across sessions, and the cart items are always stored in the database. The session is only storing a token, to bring up the cart from the database when needed (see Thelia\Core\HttpFoundation\Session\Session::getSessionCart() method).

To add additonal field to a cartItem, just write a module which manages your additional fields in its own table, with a foreign key to the cartItem table, and write the related loops and hook to display these items in the front-office template.

More information about modules here: http://doc.thelia.net/en/documentation/ … index.html

CQFDev | Sites, boutiques, modules, développement et intégration pour Thelia 1 et 2