THELIA Forum

Welcome to the THELIA support and discusssion forum

Hello Thelia Engineers and Developers i need your help!

I have a issue with performance on MySQL server (more de 300K products), and I want  to use a master-slave configuration for MySql server like this:
  - all write/update queries to be write in master node of MySQL 
  - all read to be done on slave.
Master is sync with slave
Q: Is this possible to config in thelia and how?

Br., Lucian

Hello,

300K products should not be a problem for a MySQL DB. Where are you experiencing performances problems ?

CQFDev | Sites, boutiques, modules, développement et intégration pour Thelia 1 et 2

We have imports and products that are update each day(via cronjobs), and backend (/admin) section  became very slow. We have for  Search implemented ElasticSearch ,so search is quite fast .
But is it possible to manage Thelia via master slave , I know that SF knows this type of settings.

Br, Lucian

Last edited by lucian.criste (14-12-2018 17:05:46)

Hello,
Still, I have an issue with this, our server is on GCE and I activate read replica for it, my question is how we can use it? 

Now we have more than 500 K some online some offline, I have built some cronsjobs(a different GCE instant the one that runs the e-shops, and is connected to the same DB server) :
Actions:
-  that update products in our shop action like, update price, update stock, put product offline, feed generation, elastic search index, etc
Problem:
  Because I need to process all products MySql Server is Overload
Proposal :
Will be cool to be able to connect to read replica of MySql server

Br, Lucian

Hello,
Will be nice to have something like general config in database.yaml

Br., Lucian

This module does something like that: this is just an UI for  managing an additional database.yml file in the local/DatabasesManager directory.

Thus, you can write : $myCnx = Propel::getConnection('your-connecion-name');

CQFDev | Sites, boutiques, modules, développement et intégration pour Thelia 1 et 2