THELIA Forum

Welcome to the THELIA support and discusssion forum

Announcement

Rejoignez la communauté sur le Discord Thelia : https://discord.gg/YgwpYEE3y3

Hello Thelia Engineers and Developers i need your help!

I have a issue with performance on MySQL server (more de 300K products), and I want  to use a master-slave configuration for MySql server like this:
  - all write/update queries to be write in master node of MySQL 
  - all read to be done on slave.
Master is sync with slave
Q: Is this possible to config in thelia and how?

Br., Lucian

Hello,

300K products should not be a problem for a MySQL DB. Where are you experiencing performances problems ?

OpenStudio Toulouse

We have imports and products that are update each day(via cronjobs), and backend (/admin) section  became very slow. We have for  Search implemented ElasticSearch ,so search is quite fast .
But is it possible to manage Thelia via master slave , I know that SF knows this type of settings.

Br, Lucian

Last edited by lucian.criste (14-12-2018 17:05:46)

Hello,
Still, I have an issue with this, our server is on GCE and I activate read replica for it, my question is how we can use it? 

Now we have more than 500 K some online some offline, I have built some cronsjobs(a different GCE instant the one that runs the e-shops, and is connected to the same DB server) :
Actions:
-  that update products in our shop action like, update price, update stock, put product offline, feed generation, elastic search index, etc
Problem:
  Because I need to process all products MySql Server is Overload
Proposal :
Will be cool to be able to connect to read replica of MySql server

Br, Lucian

You can use this module to get a connection to another database in a module : https://github.com/thelia-modules/DatabasesManager

OpenStudio Toulouse

Hello,
Will be nice to have something like general config in database.yaml

Br., Lucian

This module does something like that: this is just an UI for  managing an additional database.yml file in the local/DatabasesManager directory.

Thus, you can write : $myCnx = Propel::getConnection('your-connecion-name');

OpenStudio Toulouse